Celebrating #PayItForward Day with 1,497+ volunteer hours
Apr 28, 2021Pay It Forward
Share this article
The Payworks philosophy is to Pay it Forward – to participate in meaningful ways in the communities where our employees work, live, and raise their families. We believe that the richness and health of our community greatly enhances the quality of life for everyone.
In November 2015, Payworks added a Pay it Forward (PIF) Day to its list of employee benefits. Growing from Payworks’ philosophy on corporate social responsibility, the PIF Day enables Payworks staff to donate a different resource other than money - their time. As an organization, Payworks proudly supports a wide range of local and national charities and literally pays our good fortune forward. The PIF Day builds upon that principle and provides our employees with a way to give back to a not-for-profit charitable organization that's important and meaningful to them as individuals and to our communities. In September 2020, we enhanced some of our employee benefits and as a result added an additional PIF Day! Our staff from coast-to-coast can now take a total of two paid days off per calendar year to support a cause close to their heart.
Since its inception in 2015, we're celebrating 1,497+ hours volunteered by our staff through the Payworks' PIF Day! Over and above using their PIF Day, our employees also volunteer their time through PIF initiatives across Canada with United Way, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Tim Hortons Foundation Camps, the True North Foundation and Canadian Blood Services.
All of the high-fives and gratitude goes to each and every one of our staff for making our communities a better place. Happy #PayItForward Day!
- As of February 2021, Payworks celebrated 1,497.50 hours.
- A bar graph that outlines: 2015 – 3 days, 2016 – 10 days, 2017 – 22.2 days, 2018 60.6 days, 2019 – 69.7 days, 2020 – 31.13 days, 2021 – 2.9 days… so far.
- That’s 199.67 days of giving – or 66 trips to the moon!
- The bar graph is a representation of Pay it Forward Days used since 2015, calculated using Payworks Workforce Analytics! (as of February 2021).
- The total value of Payworks employees’ time donated to the community through Pay it Forward Days is $50,467.19; 2015 - $829.07, 2016 - $2,238.44, 2017 - $5,404.94, 2018 - $14,415.43, 2019 - $18,405.05, 2020 - $8,389.73, 2020 - $784.03… so far.
- Over and above using their Pay it Forward Day, our employees volunteer their time through Pay it Forward initiatives across Canada with United Way, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Tim Hortons Foundation Camps, the True North Foundation and Canadian Blood Services.
- 129 unique employees have used their Pay it Forward Days since 2015!