Celebrating #PayItForward Day with 2,217 volunteer hours and counting
Apr 28, 2022Pay It Forward
We extend all of the high fives and gratitude to each and every one of our staff for making our communities a better place. Happy #PayItForward Day!
As an organization, Payworks proudly supports a wide range of local and national charities and literally pays our good fortune forward. Today (and every day!) we're celebrating the 2,217 hours volunteered by our staff thus far through Payworks' Pay it Forward (PIF) Day program since its inception in 2015.
The PIF Day concept provides our employees with a way to support causes close to their hearts by donating a resource other than money - their time - with paid time off to volunteer. In November 2015, Payworks added a Pay it Forward (PIF) Day to its list of employee benefits, and extended the benefit to two PIF Days each year as of September 2020.
Over and above using their PIF Day, our employees also volunteer their time through PIF initiatives across Canada with United Way, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Tim Hortons Foundation Camps, the True North Foundation and Canadian Blood Services.
Our philosophy is to Pay it Forward – because we believe that the richness and health of our community greatly enhances the quality of life for everyone!
- As of April 15, 2022, Payworks celebrated 2,217.60 hours.
- A bar graph that outlines: 2015 – 3 days, 2016 – 10 days, 2017 – 22.2 days, 2018 – 60.6 days, 2019 – 69.7 days, 2020 – 31.1 days, 2021 – 95.3 days, and 2022 – 3.6 days… so far.
- That’s 295.68 days of giving – or 98 trips to the moon!
- The bar graph is a representation of Pay it Forward Days used since 2015, calculated using Payworks Workforce Analytics! (as of April 15, 2022).
- The total value of Payworks employees’ time donated to the community through Pay it Forward Days is $77,073.88
- 2015 - $868.06, 2016 - $2,308.95, 2017 - $5,560.74, 2018 - $14,461.48, 2019 - $18,214.35, 2020 - $8,388.32, 2021 - $26,424.47, and 2022 - $847.51… so far.
- Over and above using their Pay it Forward Day, our employees volunteer their time through Pay it Forward initiatives across Canada with United Way, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Tim Hortons Foundation Camps, the True North Foundation and Canadian Blood Services.
- 201 unique employees have used their Pay it Forward Days since 2015!
Key topics in this article:Pay It ForwardHR ManagementWorkplace Culture